Roland RobertsCardinal Partnership
Roland Roberts is Director of Governance and Compliance at the CSET MAT in Gloucestershire and Head of Governance for the Victoria Academies Trust in the Midlands. Roland has run his own legal practice in the Midlands for the last 15 years and acts as Company Secretary for a number of significant organisations across the UK.
Roland supports school chairs or boards across the country with Governance advice, and is responsible for the monthly online briefing for Walsall Governors Clerks and Headteachers which has been running since 2019.
- Tue 19 Mar 2024
- 18:30 - 19:30
Governor Training: What Does Effective Governance Look Like?
Focus: Leadership and Management
A session for governors about being as effective as possible within the time constraints of volunteering.
- What are the key documents I need to know about?
- Meeting preparation to make sure I can contribute effectively.
- Link Governance – getting under the skin of an issue.
- Traditional methods that work- book trawls, learning walks & visits, reports from middle leaders.
- Asking effective questions.
Roland is absolutely fabulous at governor training, get governors booked on this. Roland’s advice and tips are fantastic. (I’m a vice chair and Roland’s guidance has greatly improved our performance).