Dr Bogusia Matusiak-Varley PhD
Bogusia has over 27 years educational experience resulting in a proven track record of improving organisational performance. She has built a reputation as an international trainer and coach, in which her common-sense approach to organisation and self-improvement puts her at the forefront of international consultancy.
In addition, Bogusia is also a registered international inspector and has used her analytical, evaluative and communicative skills with international schools around the world. With in-depth knowledge of leadership skills, Bogusia has worked closely with numerous Directors, Headteachers and Senior Managers to turn around underperforming organisations and achieve life balance.
Her particular skills lie in helping leaders gain a clear view of their barriers to success and to raise standards in performance.
- Thu 20 Oct 2022
- 14:00 - 15:30
Maths Leaders Support and Development Group (1 of 6)
Focus: Support Groups
For: Maths leaders
The subject leader development meeting will include, as relevant:
- updates on DfE and STA documentation
- summaries of national priorities and issues in mathematics
- developing a strategic role
- the opportunity to explore in depth the teaching and learning of an aspect of mathematics
- the opportunity to network and share good practice
Session 1 will focus on:
- Presenting evidence to demonstrate how the purpose of study should underpin all aspects of curriculum planning
- The skills and knowledge that are needed to ensure that pupils are systematically thinking like mathematicians
- How is success engineered for both pupils and staff?
- What constitutes effective implementation of the curriculum so that pupils know more and remember more?
- The elements of effective assessment
- Effective schema development starting with EYFS
- Possible questions for a maths deep dive
This is a six session programme. All six sessions must be attended.
-  Thu 20 October 2022
-  Wed 16 November 2022
-  Thu 16 February 2023
-  Wed 22 March 2023
-  Thu 27 April 2023
-  Tue 20 June 2023
Please note: If you book one of these sessions, then we will automatically book you on the others. So you only need to submit one booking.
“Oooh, that’s clever. They’ve started with inspection deep dive and are using the same facilitator to support Maths Leaders as they are to support TA’s”. Oh yes, we are. It’s not just thrown together. You’re welcome. Get your Maths lead booked on now.